We are in the Baronnies provençales natural regional park, a varied mid-mountain topography with a Mediterranean climate. Cyclists and walkers alike will find an adventure playground with dramatic landscapes as they explore the vast network of quiet roads and marked trails.
The turbulent history of this crossroads between Alpes and Mediterranean is fascinating to unfold as you come across the many historical vestiges. The rivers, fields, marls and limestone cliffs of this Alpine Mediterranean border create outstanding biodiversity recognised in places by the label Natura 2000.
Le Castelet is a renovated bergerie nestling under the medieval castle of Arzeliers. Leave your hectic life behind and slow down in the magnificent rural landscape of Buech valley. Feel at home, relax, take in the views and chill with friends.
Our commitment: To safely welcome you at Le Castelet-Arzeliers for a relaxing break in a remote and rural setting.
Hygiene and cleanliness as first priority:
- We are following insight and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for our cleaning guidelines (personal protective clothing is worn, rooms are ventilated and cleaned, frequently touched surfaces are disinfected)
- We have put into place a 48 hour “booking buffer” between guest stays.
- We will offer you accommodation for your sole use by reconfiguring our property into family suites with independent entrances, dining areas and garden spaces.
- Cancellation and refunds:
If you are unable to stay with us due to government restrictions or you or a family member are unwell we will offer you:
– A holiday voucher for your deposit amount which will allow you to book with us again within an 18 month period.
– Or a cash refund of your deposit.
- Cancellation and refunds:
- A rural haven of peace – you will see next to no-one:
- Enjoy our spacious property and all its outside spaces (1 ha of land)
- Relax in a beautiful setting with a panoramic view over Buëch valley.
- Discover the waymarked trails for walkers and MTBers straight from the door
- Explore the ruined castle of Arzeliers, take the opportunity to find a picnic spot.
- Eating and drinking:
Our focus is to provide high quality locally produced food. Please contact us before your stay if you would like to make reservations and/or have specific dietary requirements.
- Breakfast is provided in your own dining area.
- You can order a picnic box composed of fresh local produce.
- Several excellent restaurants in Laragne are offering a takeaway service.
We are available to answer further questions by phone or e-mail. Feel free to contact us before your stay so we can advise you of services and activities which will be available.
Holiday costs and reservation
Outdoor activities – Cycle, MTB, walk…
The regional tourist office (Sisteron-Buëch, Baronnies Provençales) publishes circuits for all levels and keeps them well sign-posted. With a little help from us to get you started (maps, gpx files, where to find water/food…) you can do as much or as little as you like!
Stay and relax
Take a leisurely breakfast | quick dip in the pool
Look after your bike | watch the sunset
Read a book on the terrace | chill with friends
Plan your next adventure | walk to the castle
Shop at the market (Thursday) | explore the garden
A picture speaks a thousand words….
Stroll to the castle
Watch the sunset
Chill with friends
Take a leisurely breakfast
A word from your host
I was brought up in South Wales and fell in love with hills and mountains as a teenager exploring the Brecon Beacons.
I studied biology at university and then as a young adult, passionate climber and mountaineer, I quickly moved to France. Before long I was also juggling my job working for a large global corporation and a family. Holiday time was very precious indeed.
I took up cycling 15 years ago, friends wanted to do the “Tour of Mont Blanc” on a MTB. I have never looked back, whether it be road cycling or mountain biking, there is always another route to do…another place to visit.
My daughters and I share a deep love of the mountains, whilst the Southern French Alpes remain our “mountain home” we have also cycled, climbed and trekked in many countries worldwide. We have had many stunning holidays: beautiful settings, good weather, great activities shared with friends. We know that comfortable accommodation and friendly hosts to advise can really make a difference.
Today, I am lucky enough to run “Le Castelet-Arzeliers”, it makes a stunning holiday location and we look forward to sharing it with visitors and outdoor enthusiasts from around the world.